Tuesday, April 24, 2007

back from hiatus

wow - i've been dormant here huh? and roth's 2 months away! what have i been doing?

after a slow(er than usual) start this season, i finally feel like i've gotten with the program, so i'm feeling a bit more motivated to write :)


it took me awhile to get started this year..why? a few reasons:
- back in november, i was supposed to do the philly marathon. 2 weeks before, i got really bad patellar tendinitis. so, i was off running entirely for december. january i did short sets on the treadmill only 45 mins was my "long run"
- the weather has not been great in boston - especially for outdoor riding. january was nice - i was outside riding my bike as a matter of fact, then february had a ridiculous number of sub-freezing icy snowy icky days...so did march - april too. and yes, i'm a bit sick of the trainer!
- in addition, the weather wasn't too conducive in helping me motivate!

how did i "get with the program?"
basically, i had a reality check that my racing season was not too far away...that motivated me pretty quickly. i would speak to jorge and he told me about his 100-mile rides (yeah, plural) - while my longest ride outside in 2007 had been 3 hours or so a month ago

in addition, i went to dc to visit my friends mariana and andrea - they were really strong from training. i went running with them and did my training run at what was previously my race pace. so, i made a "note to self" that i needed to push myself racing. back in boston, i ran a 10k, PR'ed and broke the elusive (for me) 45 minute mark. (44:48 or something)...ok so i felt pretty good about my running so that helped.

so, for the past few weeks, my training's been going pretty well. patrick (my coach) bumped up my hours, which put my mind more at ease as far as preparation. i've also been looking forward more to my workouts.

so, my hopes for this season: stay healthy so i can start my races healthy. for both of my a-races, i will try my best and will be happy to finish - will be even happier if i improve upon last year. there are always factors that one can't control (weather, some mechanicals etc etc) so whatever happens happens, i'll just hope everything goes well and and try for the best and enjoy it :)

-pam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home